Forwarding the release announcement for Shipwright v0.3.0!
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Enrique Encalada <encalada(a)de.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 5:56 AM
Subject: [shipwright-dev] Release v0.3.0 is now available
We just shipped the v0.3.0 release, see
. This release
provides mainly enhancements for both Build and BuildRun CRDs.
In general, some of these enhancements are:
- Prevent users from triggering a BuildRun that would eventually fail
because of miss-configurations in the Build object. We enhanced the amount
of validations we were doing on Build definitions. We also added a watcher
on secrets, to allow the Build Registration to be up-to-date depending on
the state of it´s referenced secrets.
- Allow users to have a clear understanding of the state of a Build, mainly
when a validation failed. We tackle this by redefining the usage of the
Build Status fields. It should be very transparent now which validation
failed and why.
- Allow users to be able to get more information on the state of a
BuildRun, by adopting the "Succeeded" Condition. We also extend the .Status
fields, to host the pod/container name of a failed BuildRun. And further
customization's on how we populate the "Succeeded" Condition.
- Introduced a new EP around propagating annotations from a BuildStrategy
into the pod. This EP also came with the related implementation. This
should be useful for admins of strategies.
- A lot of maintenance work, mainly around ensuring our core dependencies
(Tekton and Kubernetes) where up-to-date.
- New enhancement on the CI side, the introduction of GitHub Actions is
already relieving us from the pain of running all tests in Travis.
Thanks to all that contributed and provided valuable feedback.
Enrique E. Encalada
shipwright-dev mailing list -- shipwright-dev(a)lists.shipwright.io
To unsubscribe send an email to shipwright-dev-leave(a)lists.shipwright.io
Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>
100 E. Davie Street
adam.kaplan(a)redhat.com T: 1-919-754-4843